The National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers (NOBCChE) hosts their national conference at the Radisson Blu & Marriott in Downtown Minneapolis, MN on October 30th to November 3rd.
With the theme "We are NOBCChE: Community, Leadership, Partnerships", the 44th annual conference is an excellent opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students! Engaging in the NOBCChE community means advancing your scientific and personal development. Conference events include:
- Student and professional development workshops
- Elevator speech open mic student competition
- Student poster session and technical talks - submit an abstract to present your research!
- Career fair - network with professionals from industry and graduate school programs
- Attend technical talks from award winning chemists
All students are encouraged to attend!
Abstracts for technical presentations are due Saturday, August 19th.
The American Chemical Society is a proud supporter of NOBCChE. The Minnesota Local Section (MN ACS) is providing financial assistance for five students to attend the NOBCChE conference.
All are welcome to apply for scholarships but those presenting will get priority for funding. For further information on MN ACS scholarships to attend NOBCChE, contact Sarah Mullins (email@example.com
) or James Wollack (firstname.lastname@example.org
) by August 12th.